It’s the holidays, what about me?
Whether you celebrate the holidays or not, there’s a certain level of stress associated with this season.
Here are some tips to manage and maneuver during the holidays while allowing you time to reset and recharge during the process:
- Try embracing the energy of gratitude that inhabits the season. Studies review that tapping into the spirit of gratitude can improve how one feels by increasing energy levels, decreasing stress.
- Breathe. Deep breathing is one of the best ways to lower stress in the body. This is because when you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax. The brain then sends this message to your body.
- Get some rest! It’s super important to develop a sleep hygiene routine. Research shows that sleeping well directly affects your mental and physical health and your quality of life. Stress can disrupt your sleep, so it’s important to establish a regular sleep pattern.
- After you eat, cook, or have entrained try going for a walk. Study have revealed physical activity such as walking, running, or playing sports can improve your mood, distract you from worries, and relieve tension and stress.
- Do. Something that makes your heart or spirit smile. Sing or dance to your favorite songs, take a relaxing steamy bath, get dressed really nice and or dress down and just feel good. All of these things bring on the spirit of happiness!
The holidays can bring about many emotions. It’s important to stay grounded, centered and balanced.